Responsibilities / Duties:
A key role in the new function is that of a small team of Data Stewards. Reporting to the Team Leader and working within a data governance framework, the Data Steward is responsible for the stewardship of the investment data that resides in Aladdin and/or the Data Management Platform (DMP), ensuring the data is complete, consistent, fit for purpose and ready for consumption for all end users.
Front office data steward’s key accountabilities will include:
- The daily review and validation of daily Security Master
- Resolution of exceptions to ensure data integrity.
- Set up and ongoing maintenance of new securities, portfolios, and benchmarks
- Sourcing and Onboarding of new market data like market indexes and Aladdin unsupported data
- Maintaining specific custom information such as internal ratings, customized sectors.
- Continuous updates of standard operating procedures along with the new releases
- Provide data management input for the Change requests/new initiatives raised by various business teams
- Provide input to requirement documents, use cases and other papers as required.
- Ensure all new procedures are documented and agreed.
In the initial set-up of the function, the Data Steward will have the following responsibilities:
- Creation and maintenance of new securities in Aladdin.
- Monitor the data integrity in Aladdin
- Manage and monitor data exceptions
- Provide support to the ad-hoc queries related to security analytics, static data, pricing, etc., to the front office teams
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Degree in Business/Finance or related disciplines
- An excellent understanding of a wide range of tradable instruments
- Strong analytical and communication skills Data management experience in large banking institution especially Investment Services sector
- Prior experience using investment platforms, previous experience using Blackrock is desirable
- Knowledge of R & Python programming skills is a plus
- Good understanding of Front Office, Trade Lifecycle and Operations processes and Understanding of the data management governance frameworks
- Working knowledge of data vendor systems such as Bloomberg, Reuters, S&P, etc. Excellent customer focus and high level of accuracy, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of the small team.