Responsibilities / Duties:
This position will have the primary responsibility of managing fund accounting team(s) providing the full range of fund administration services to real estate clients. This individual will be reporting directly to Regional Head of Private Equity and Real Estate. A partial list of responsibilities and skills includes:
- Review and coordinate Net Asset Value calculation and reportings
- Review and coordinate investor servicing activities. Including investor on-boarding, capital calls, distributions, and other investor reportings.
- Maintain a working understanding of fund documentation(s) and apply the terms to the financial reporting and the income and expense allocations
- Maintain a working knowledge of current accounting principles and developing solutions for issues
- Review of financial statements and footnotes for audit purpose
- Liase with banks, auditors, brokers and custodians to ensure smooth service delivery to clients and timely completion of deliverables
- Lead new funds on-boarding process and ensure that everything is in order prior to the fund launch.
- Primary contact to client on daily operational, issue discussion and any other request
- Resolve issues/queries raised clients in a timely manner and maintain a high level of client satisfaction
- Identify and highlight opportunities for internal process improvement and increase in operational efficiency
- Participate in client pitch or any other sales effort as Real Estate subject matter expert.
- Perform other duties as assigned and incidental to the work described above
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Hold a university degree in Banking/ Finance/ Mathematics/ Accounting/Economics, qualified accountant or other relevant qualification preferred
- Have a minimum of 10 years progressive fund administration experience in servicing real estate clients.
- Strong computer skills with strength in Microsoft Office products. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is particularly asset.
- Strong knowledge in IFRS, US GAAP and Singapore GAAP. Knowledge in Luxembourg GAAP and Japanese GAAP would be an advantage
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Yardi accounting software.