Responsibilities / Duties:
The System Engineer is responsible to support the production enterprise services, servers, virtualization platforms, and storage for the entire group. This role requires an experience operation engineer with in-depth enterprise technical expertise in order to operate our production systems, communicate, and collaborate with various IT team, project managers, management and business leaders.
- Provide sysadmin support for physical and virtual servers, data center, SAN Storage and Backup solutions.
- Operational support for various enterprise services like DNS servers, Active Directory Trusts, Exchange Server, Symantec EV and Secure Messaging Gateway
- Have a passion for automation, scripting, and delivering high availability solutions
- Monitor the system performance and capacity metrics.
- Provide Level 2 and 3 troubleshooting support, raise and coordinate support cases with vendors/principals if needed.
- Supporting multiple projects throughout their project lifecycle.
- Reporting and capacity planning to ensure optimal performance.
- Explore and propose potential improvement to architecture or process leveraging new technology for better performance, reliability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Efficient maintenance of operation records for audit and analysis.
- Ensure compliance to ITIL service management best practices
- Identify potential risks and issues that may affect production systems.
- Ensure timely update, maintenance of system documentation including system recovery and DR document
- Tracking renewal of hardware, SW and professional services and maintenance agreements
- Working closely with support vendor to support the IT systems and application according to the contractual requirement.
- Ability to work on occasional weekends for implementation and maintenance as required
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Demonstrate advance technical skills in supporting and troubleshooting enterprise systems in operation, aware of current and emerging technologies
- Hands on technical and troubleshooting skills across multiple technology discipline – Windows Server click apply Windows Failover Clustering, x86 Linux platform, VMWare vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Active Directory, AD Forest and External trusts, Exchange Server, SAN storage, Backup, High Availability System and DR readiness, Nagios monitoring tool
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and technical documentation, reporting skill, ability to communicate to non-technical stake holders.
- Good appreciation of ITIL Best Practices and compliance to audit requirements
- Ability to manage and prioritize own workload - good planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Aptitude and interest to quickly learn new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/MIS or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience in large and complex production systems environment with stringent SLA requirements.
- Relevant Certifications in Microsoft (MCSA, MCSE), VMWare vSphere Certification, ITIL and PMP certification are an added advantage
- In-depth Experience in PowerShell will be an added advantage
- Experienced in leading IT Service Support Team