Responsibilities / Duties:
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world.
In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation.
For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
You are looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic team that has broad connectivity across the firm for a franchise critical process.
You will collaborate with cross-Federation teams and across the globe to manage the firm’s cash payments and receipts each day.
You have a strong desire to learn about the firm’s different businesses and how they support our client and manage business risks, as well as work closely with a network of key banks and internal payments team to ensure smooth execution.
Treasury Services is a sub division of the Operations Division. As a global, multi-faceted and cross product sub division, the primary objectives are to mitigate counterparty credit risk through the active monitoring of clients’ derivative and securities financing portfolios while optimizing the firm’s liquidity.
Treasury Services is currently 300+ staff strong globally, with regional presence in Salt Lake City, Dallas, New York, London, Bangalore, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and many other offices working closely together.
With the firm’s growing investment in the payment space, a centralized Cash Controls organization is being created in Treasury Services to help protect the firm’s regulatory, financial, and reputational risks from increasing fraud threats and sanctions regulation in the rapidly evolving banking landscape.
The new team will be primarily based in hub locations with high degree of interaction with other divisions and the firm’s senior leadership.
The new Centralized Payment Instruction Authentication function will be service to all clients across the firm while streamlining the process to be innovative and industry-leading via a combination of latest cyber-technology and industry best practices
This role will be responsible for helping to establish the centralized team to manage the day to day payment authentication process and working with the global team to define and build out the target operating model for this function.
In addition to the payment authentication function there will be opportunities for the right candidate to get involved in establishing the fraud analytics and sanction teams including getting involved in the design and monitoring for these teams.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Working to help create the BAU activity for central payment authentication including liaising with the teams that are transferring the function, creating the procedures and helping to standardise the function for all Business Units
- Day to day responsibility for sourcing independent contacts at the client to verify the accuracy of payment instructions
- Working with the global team to design the target operating model and write the requirements for the Technology enhancements.
- For Associate level, opportunity for the right candidate to have people management responsibilities for junior members of the team
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (Analyst ) (Associate) of full time Operations work experience
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by working closely with colleagues by sharing information, skills and responsibilities
- Excellent attention to detail, effective problem solving ability
- Takes actions to ensure that controls are in place and procedures are followed
- Proven analytical skills and a control mentality
- Has completed or is in the process of attending Data School
- Experience using Alteryx and Tableau
- Experience managing day to day authentication calls to clients