Responsibilities / Duties:
APAC Global Risk Solutions Consultant - Senior Specialist, Product Management-Korean Speaker
For over 235 years, the people have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle.
This Bank acts as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets.
Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world.
Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of this bank across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets.
It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart.
The banks Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world.
It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success.
We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world.
By leveraging the bank's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
An integral part of the APAC Asset Servicing team - this position is responsible for driving and managing the client experience for the banks Global Risk Solutions (GRS) which include performance & risk measurement, compliance monitoring in support of client needs.
The primary focus is to work closely with clients to lead conversations on GRS capabilities & collaborating with global & regional teams (operations, technology, business partners) with a focus on an enhanced client experience.
The role is also responsible for setting the strategic direction of the GRS product line including product development and, supporting the business to grow revenue profitably.
- Responsible for ensuring that the GRS services are running smoothly and is fit for purpose.
- Show Clients how to get the most from our GRS services and be a client advocate for GRS product development.
- Act as the internal and external subject matter expert on performance & risk measurement, compliance monitoring on new business opportunities for APAC based clients as well as global financial institutions clients looking to expand into APAC.
- Provide the APAC Product Head & the CEO of APAC Asset Servicing with the necessary information to leverage market opportunities, make strategic business decisions and set product priorities in line with growth and profitability targets.
- Engage with Sales and the Relationship Management teams in supporting business sales and cross sell opportunities.
- Leads and oversees complex client onboarding and product management projects, budgets, resourcing, etc. to support the success of product life cycles.
- Development of key initiatives to ensure that the business is fully competitive in the marketplace and deploys technology in a cost effective manner which increases the efficiency with which we discharge client and regulatory duties.
- Management and leadership of virtual teams within the respective areas (operations, technology, et al) within the Bank to ensure client requirements are met in both business as usual as well as future state environments.
- If required, deal with licensing and contractual issues relating to client agreements, vendor contracts etc.
- Accountable for maintaining standards and controls sufficient for the efficient running of the GRS services to enable internal audit and compliance inspection reports to be issued without any significant findings.
- Continue to enhance Risk and Control and Regulatory Compliance practices as first line of defense.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Responsible for monitoring of activities of Sponsors and / or Asset Owners (central banks, sovereigns, pension funds, etc.) in various APAC jurisdictions.
- Enhance The banks reputation in the performance & risk space; raise awareness of product and capabilities by holding (or participating) in client seminars, publish “thought leadership” articles and represent the Asset Servicing business in industry forums.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Planning & Organizing: The ability to establish a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure consistent accomplishment of specific objectives. Proven ability to create a client roadmap from inception to adoption.
- Manage and lead virtual teams across different time zones: Ability to pull together a virtual team and manage them effectively to deliver superior service and/or required development.
- Personal Accountability / Ownership: Able to conduct themselves with integrity and a desire for excellence at all times, with a clear sense of personal responsibility. To treat all colleagues, internal and external, with respect and to proactively create an environment of teamwork.
- Industry Knowledge and Understanding: Proven knowledge of the asset servicing space within the Investment industry - gained through experience. Ideally this would be from previous experience in the industry. Be able to anticipate industry challenges and how it shapes client’s future needs.
- Client Knowledge and Understanding: Demonstrating a deep knowledge and understanding of the client and their business.
- First class client facing skills including presentation skills, both oral and written. Ability to engage senior C-suite stakeholders.
- Communicates effectively including writing internal briefs, presentations scripts, status reports, etc. Understand client needs and align these to the product / services of the bank. Ability to establish and maintain long-term, trustingrelationships with clients
- Motivation: The ability to create an environment that promotes a sense of achievement, caring and satisfaction; a concern for working against high standards of excellence.
- A self-motivated, innovative thinker, with the ability to work as part of a team and think quickly in high pressure situations and connect the dots across many areas, investor types and regions.
- Requisite analytical and problem solving skills.
- Problem Solving: The ability to build a logical approach to resolve problems or manage the situation at hand by drawing on own knowledge and experience and calling on other references and resources as necessary. Displays strong interpersonal skills - plays a role in motivating colleagues and creates team cohesion.
- Business Knowledge and Understanding: Possess a high level understanding of the APAC markets, funds jurisdictions and industry drivers. Strong knowledge of industry and competitive landscape in the APAC region. Strong knowledge of central banks, SWF and government segment, asset managers and insurance segments. Strong global business acumen. Track record of working in global banks and navigating complex operating models.
- Fluency in Korean, in order to support the APAC market segment.