Responsibilities / Duties:
Ourmission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
This role serves as a single point of contact for Relationship Managers and their respective clients for all investment and operations related activities.
- Delivers local, regional and global operations expertize to highly-sophisticated prospective, new, and existing institutional clients, to successfully provide, enhance and differentiate TRP’s client service, while advocating standard and risk-averse solutions where possible, in line with TRP’s global operating model.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the successful on-boarding of institutional separately managed clients.
- Interfaces with the client, consultants, investment teams, Legal, Investment Compliance, Investment Operations teams, and Marketing sales and service executives to negotiate and finalize investment management agreements and investment guidelines.
- Responsible for negotiating with all appropriate internal parties to ensure that all client servicing and client deliverables addressed in the investment management agreement and guidelines or any type of operating or servicing agreement as well as general expectations of the client can be effectively serviced by TRP before contracts are executed
- Responsible for identifying and analyzing non-standard client servicing and reporting requirements and for interfacing with appropriate escalation contacts throughout the organization to effect a resolution that is acceptable to both the client and TRP.
- Responsible for analyzing asset transfer requirements and for developing appropriate plans of action. Interfaces with the client, transition managers, custodians, Legal, and internal investment teams to facilitate the transfer of client assets to TRP management and to ensure that all appropriate legal documentation associated with the transfer has been executed. Provides authorization to investment teams that trading may commence.
- Partners with and leverages multiple Relationship Managers to service the on-going operational needs of the client base. This role is pivotal to ensuring that all operational relationship requirements are controlled and delivered efficiently.
- Participates in and at times coordinates and hosts client meetings (e.g. prospect and due diligence meetings) to address operational issues and to define TRP’s operational capabilities – is “the face” of the Operations organizations to clients.
- Coordinates and reviews responses to compliance, due diligence and other types of detailed and complex client questionnaires to ensure responses are relevant, accurate, cohesive, and client specific.
- Fields operational queries from clients and interacts with various internal supplier groups to develop appropriate responses and solutions; must utilize industry experience and knowledge of products and client structure to be able to detect potential inaccuracies or incomplete responses before dissemination to clients.
- Negotiates with internal and (where appropriate) external service providers to influence process changes or enhancements to training and technology to increase service levels or to meet new servicing requirements of clients. Must be able to strike a balance between providing quality customer service and mitigating/assuming incremental risk and/or expense.
- Monitors service levels among the various internal and (where appropriate) external supplier groups to ensure that client servicing requirements and deadlines are captured and consistently met. Addresses and escalates any servicing issues with appropriate internal management teams.
- Effectively monitors and communicates client servicing trends to enable TRP to optimize or implement appropriate strategies necessary to maintain a competitive edge.
- Manages day-to-day risk associated with significant client cash flow activities. Manages client expectations while adhering to TRP cash flow policies. Collaborates with Legal, investment teams, Relationship Managers and the client as necessary to develop appropriate strategies to meet client needs while limiting TRP financial and regulatory risk.
- Influences and, at times, dictates policy, process and procedural changes to managers and teams outside of their direct management scope as part of the assessment of impacts of regulatory, compliance and client servicing changes; directly accountable for mitigation of risk of errors that could result in material monetary and/or reputational losses to the firm. Positively impacts “the bottom line” by effectively managing operational risks and costs.
- Implements flexible, relevant, customer-focused solutions to operational servicing requests in an environment where there are few pre-determined instructions on exactly how to proceed.
- Leads or participates in “best practices” discussions with clients and/or their service providers to share intellectual capital and operational expertise in order to enhance client relationships. Involves the appropriate parties such as other Lead Managers or Sr. Managers across regions to come up with creative solutions.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 7-10 years of industry experience; experience in account onboarding, client servicing to institutional asset owners, and exposure to fixed income and derivatives instruments are highly desirable .
- Experience working in a global organization across multiple time zones
- Must be highly skilled at quickly sizing up situations in a dynamic environment and simultaneously dealing with multiple client-related issues to effectively utilize time and available resources to meet tight deadlines and turnaround times.
- Embraces change, is open to new ideas, and maintains composure when faced with shifting priorities, resources, or work demands; demonstrates resilience and flexibility in approach.
- Must have excellent collaboration skills and the ability to network and partner with managers across various internal groups to accomplish common goals
- Must have the ability to influence others beyond formal authority; ability to lead and motivate and to encourage problem solving and to work across the organization to get things done
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to translate technical, operational, and regulatory information into understandable terms.
- Ability to work without direct supervision;
- Strong client service skills and a desire to find success for clients; strong relationship building skills
- Ability to deal with senior management
- Ability to think strategically, identify problems and areas of improvement