Responsibilities / Duties:
The Senior Associate is responsible for daily oversight of fund operations functions with external vendors for specific back or middle office functions, including ensuring adherence to Service Level Agreements. The position also supports the development of business requirements necessary for system enhancements.Middle Office strives to streamline, enhance and optimize our strategic initiatives across businesses to better safeguard the reputation of the firm and our clients. The company is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Senior Associate with Japanese language skills to enhance client experiences, drive operational efficiencies and effectively monitor contractual risk.
- Oversee daily operations with service providers, transfer agents, custodians, fund accountants and internal departments
- Lead the investor onboarding process for new client accounts; provide product and onboarding support together with Legal, Financial Advisor & Institutional Sales teams
- Oversee vendor performance by monitoring KPIs; ensure service provider / adheres to all contractual policies, procedures and controls through review of contractual Service Level Agreements
- Provide oversight of daily metrics and reporting deliverables received from service provider; track issues and trends as they occur across vendors, and recommend solutions to service provider and senior management
- Represent Middle Office to internal and external clients by leveraging product as well as functional expertise in listed Equities and Fixed Income strategies.
- Ensure adherence to all contractual policies, procedures and controls as new strategic initiatives are implemented in the Asia region.
- Evaluate trade exceptions and complex shareholder issues and track reoccurring trends for management review
- Review daily back/mid office deliverables and analyze for root cause of exceptions; ensure remediation of root cause
- Manage escalated issues from internal & external stakeholders; ensure timely development of operating controls
- Facilitate back or middle office change service requests; determine appropriate action and document / recommend detailed business requirements for the completion of the change service request
- Support multi-service lines of business projects that streamline processes and procedures for internal / external back or middle office work flow; work with senior management to implement processes
- Oversee cash reporting and projections to portfolio managers
- Facilitate periodic updates of operating memorandums; ensure all processes and controls are fully documented
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree; Finance, Business or Economics preferred
- Relevant industry experience in back/middle office operations and accounting with emphasis on emerging market investments.
- Business level Japanese (verbal and written) in addition to English. Please be sure to outline this skill on your CV. Familiarity with the Japanese market and operating requirements will be held in high regard.
- Working knowledge of the Financial Services industry and mutual funds, including an in-depth understanding of custody, accounting and investment operations work flows and best practices
- Ability to analyze issues quickly and independently take appropriate action
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, high intensity work environment with multiple diverse responsibilities.
- Effective team-player with the ability to impact and influence others across organizations.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills with ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain and manage several projects while managing internal Dimensional stakeholders’ expectations.
- Excellent verbal, written and relationship building skills.
- Background in project management skills including:
1. Systems integration of technological platforms and re-engineering of business processes
2. Manage oversight of middle office project related deliverables
3. Communicate with appropriate internal departments
4. Issue tracking and resolution of project related challenges
5. Past experience with third party vendor management of back office or middle office functions