Responsibilities / Duties:
This organisation is pioneering in the field of deep learning, natural language processing and artificial intelligence.
At this organisation, the research team is committed to collaborating with the wider research community; while research scientists have the opportunity to work directly on advancing technologies that customers use as part of the Einstein AI Platform, they may also focus exclusively on high-impact publications.
We believe that making substantive progress on hard applications can drive and sharpen the research questions we study, and, in turn, scientific breakthroughs can spawn entirely new applications. With this in mind, the team maintains a portfolio of projects, some with an immediate path to production, others that may not find an immediate application for several years.
The organisation is looking for outstanding entry level research scientists, located in Singapore.
As a research scientist, you discover new research problems, develop novel models, design careful experiments and generally advance the state of the art in research.
Research scientists have the freedom to set their own research agenda and move between pure and applied research.
Candidates should have a strong background in one or more of the following fields in AI: deep learning, machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, speech recognition, or reinforcement learning. Additionally, applicants should have in-depth experience with one or more applications, such as dialogue systems, question answering, machine translation, text categorization, text summarization, information extraction, asian-language or multi-language processing, language and vision, image classification, object detection, semantic segmentation, or other related applications in AI.
- Work on cutting-edge research in artificial intelligence.
- Find and build ambitious, long-term research goals.
- Develop innovative solutions for real-world, large-scale problems.
- As needed, mentor interns and supervise postgraduate students.
- As needed, contributions on more complex pure and applied research projects.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- PhD degree in computer science, artificial intelligence, or related technical field.
- Research experience in one or more of the following AI areas: machine learning, deep learning, NLP, speech recognition, computer vision, reinforcement learning, or optimization.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following programming languages: C/C++ or Python.
- Experience with one or more deep learning libraries and platforms (e.g., TensorFlow, Caffe, Chainer or PyTorch, etc).
- Publications at top-tier AI conferences or journals (e.g., NIPS, ICML, ICLR, ACL, EMNLP, CVPR, ICCV, KDD, PAMI, JMLR, TACL, IJCV, etc).
- Strong publication record at top-tier AI conferences or journals.
- Full time industry experience in AI research or product developments.