Responsibilities / Duties:
For over 235 years, the people have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle.
The Bank acts as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets.
It remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies.
Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world.
Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of this bank across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets.
It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart.
The Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world.
It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success.
We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's institutional investor with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world.
By leveraging the banks global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
- An integral part of the APAC Asset Servicing Business Development team - this position is responsible for and manages a team of Business Development Support experts focused and supporting the entire sales lifecycle including RFP support, Pipeline reporting, sales partner support, presentation design support, technology sales support and demonstrations, research and analysis, training, and strategic analysis and direction.
- To serve as a lead manager, enlisting support from colleagues and peers, aligned globally while acting locally.
- The primary focus and responsibilities include business analysis and planning, strategic initiatives and, supporting the business to grow revenue profitably.
- Communicates effectively with the Client Coverage teams in APAC. Provides strategic direction for streamlining and optimization of processes for the team; ensures alignment with sales teams and relationship managers.
- Develops methodology and best practices for analyzing data and responding to proposals. Ensures that systems used for tracking sales and relationship management are functional and interacts with required parties to resolve issues if they arise.
- Applies in-depth knowledge and expertise on analytics and tracking sales and relationship management information. Provide the CEO of APAC Asset Servicing with the necessary information to leverage market opportunities, make strategic business decisions and set priorities in line with growth and profitability targets.
- Leads and oversees complex projects, budgets, resourcing, etc. to support the success of the business, working with internal stakeholder’s viz., aligning with global product teams, operations, technology, and business support teams.
- Acts as an escalation point for complex problems that less experienced resources cannot solve. Managers in this role contribute significant input into analytics and decisions making processes along with their people management responsibilities.
- Manages one or more Business Development Support teams. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Responsible for achievement of team goals and for generating new business and revenue. Highly visible role and often client facing. Ensures team is equipped to perform required analysis and respond to clients in a timely fashion. Manages the human resources aspect of the team, including coaching, performance management and career development. May be required to manage financial resources of the team (budgets, expenses, etc.).
Requirements / Qualifications:
- First class communication skills including presentation skills, both oral and written. Ability to engage senior C-suite stakeholders. Communicates effectively including writing internal briefs, presentations scripts, status reports, etc.
- Able to conduct themselves with integrity and a desire for excellence at all times, with a clear sense of personal responsibility. To treat all colleagues, internal and external, with respect and to proactively create an environment of teamwork.
- Proven knowledge of the asset servicing space within the Investment industry . Ideally this would be from previous experience in the industry.
- A self-motivated, innovative thinker, with the ability to work as part of a team and think quickly in high pressure situations and connect the dots across many areas, investor types and regions.. Requisite analytical and problem solving skills.
- Displays strong interpersonal skills - plays a role in motivating colleagues and creates team cohesion.
- Strong global business acumen. Track record of working in global banks and experience in a customer-facing role, sales support preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- experience, proven digital and tech savviness plus understanding of asset servicing business.
- Fluency in English is essential, other Asian languages is also preferable.