Responsibilities / Duties:
Sustainable Business is the future. A growing number of major companies have adopted sustainable business strategies to ensure their long term profitability. As a result, new sectors are emerging and business models are being developed that require innovative financial solutions. Companies are looking for banks which will finance their transitions towards sustainability. This provides the bank with solid business opportunities, which are both profitable as well as contributes to a sustainable global economy.
The bank recognises the importance of Sustainability and has developed a direction to support its clients' sustainable transitions in its Wholesale Banking business. The bank has received high rankings in sustainability indexes and is considered a leader for its integrated approach of sustainable business into the Wholesale Bank.
The Sustainable Finance team is growing as a strategic team, and provides sustainable financing solutions to clients globally and through its regional hubs in Amsterdam, and Singapore. The Singapore based team leads the sustainable business for existing and potential clients within the Asia Pacific region.
- We are seeking to recruit a bright, proactive and articulate team player who would be an integral member in a team that is a leader in regional sustainable finance.
- The role requires an individual who is outgoing, has strong written and oral communication skills, can work closely with others and with relatively less supervision. Good credit grounding, green bond exposure, experience in sustainability-related transactions, and Asian business exposure are important factors. You will work closely with the existing team members, and also with other teams within the bank to be a trusted partner to our clients in their sustainable transitions.
- You will be working and originating on a variety of deals including green bonds/loans, sustainability linked loans and new product developments to shape the market further. You will report to the Head of Sustainable Finance Asia with the following responsibilities:
- The successful candidate is expected to competently work on marketing preparation, origination and sustainable deals execution, with other deal team members and external deal participants to provide/manage all execution necessary to bring a deal to a successful close with minimum support
- Help create and manage relations with clients, experts, advisors and industry bodies
- Enhance internal and external profiling to put the banks sustainable business initiatives on the map for employees, clients, peers, and other stakeholders
- Continue innovations in new sustainable finance products and structures to solve real issues and identify new growth markets
Requirements / Qualifications:
An entrepreneurial candidate who can support and lead in an expanding Sustainable Finance business, with the following dispositions and competencies:
- High level of self-motivation. Passionate that a sustainable change and impact is needed and is willing to be a trailblazer to ‘take it on and make it happen’
- Relevant commercial experience (ideally both financial transactions experience in lending, debt capital markets, credit analysis and/or deal structuring, and sustainability related roles)
- with active client-facing front-office experience, ideally in Asia
- Strong presentation and communication skills with strong relationship building capabilities
- Effective and demonstrated team player, helping others to succeed
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Quick learner and an adaptable self-starter
- People management skills to coordinate and pull together both internal and external partners, teams and stakeholders
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Strong organisational and project management abilities
- Graduate or post-graduate degree holder in Business/Finance or sustainability related academic background would be viewed positively) - or other relevant disciplines