Responsibilities / Duties:
This company is an online credit card enablement platform, which enables any payment made by bank transfer
today to be shifted to a credit card, regardless of whether the recipients accept credit cards. The
customers (consumers and businesses) choose to use their favourite credit card where they couldn’t before,
specifically for big ticket items such as paying rent, taxes, suppliers or payroll. In doing so they access up to 60
days interest free credit, improve cashflow, automate payables and earn rewards, miles and cashback!
The company is backed by well-known global VC’s, was part of the inaugural class of The FinLab (a Singapore-based
fintech accelerator run by United Overseas Bank), a finalist in The Monetary Authority of Singapore’s Global
Hackcelerator 2016, selected for Mastercard Start Path 2017, as well as more recently shortlist for the
Singapore Fintech Festival Awards 2018.
Mission: As a high performing business development professional, you’re an expert at driving new business
and expanding relationships with customers and strategic channel partners (platforms, financial institutions
etc). You’re able to nurture a culture of consultative selling, understanding customer needs in detail and
providing relevant solutions. As an energetic and driven individual, you excel at engaging and motivating a
sales team to work effectively and deliver results.
- Drive overall revenue growth by capitalising on
new business opportunities and effectively communicating the company's value
- Develop and own the plans and strategies for
achieving the company’s sales goals.
- Monitor sales metrics, provide visibility into
the sales pipeline at every stage of development, and report on an ongoing
basis to the wider team on revenue targets and forecasts
- Establish professional relationships with senior
stakeholders at clients and key channel partners and develop an excellent
understanding of their needs.
- Launch partnership programs with partner
organisations that drive growth and sell to the partner organisations end- users
in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Develop excellent product knowledge and handle
customer concerns and questions seamlessly.
- Ensure our sales approach is driven in line with
the company's operational and risk management processes.
- Gather feedback on how to enhance our product
and service and work cross functionality to input into solution development.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Experience in business development/B2B sales environment, ideally in Financial Services or the Cards industry
- Strong consultative selling skills and a proven track record of closing complex deals and commercial negotiations.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Entrepreneurial and commercial mind set – always looking for business opportunities and an ability to solve complex problems.
- Team player (no politics!) - able to work well across functional areas.
- Able to execute on plans within a fast-paced dynamic tech environment.
- Strong operations management experience, ideally in the payments industry.
- Excellent communication skills and personal qualities of integrity, credibility and quality