Responsibilities / Duties:
- Ensure that applications support services are provided in a timely, efficient and effective manner to the bank
- Provide point of contact for application support issues, prioritising requests and providing clear communication and response to times
- Monitor progress of requests for support and ensure users are kept informed.
- Provide correct responses to requests for support by means of for example: making modifications to system parameters, developing work-arounds
- Coordinate with team members within the Application Support team on raised incidents, problems and bug fixes.
- Coordinate on the delivery of applications support services from third party suppliers and identify any problems and ensure these are dealt with expeditiously.
- Deal promptly and effectively with any issues with applications vendors and suppliers.
- Ensure appropriate documentation in relation to the application environment is always current and available.
- Provide the level of internal support necessary and expected in line with agreements with business units
Relationship management and support
- Work collaboratively and effectively with all parts of the IT organisation, to ensure effective identification and evaluation of application and systems support needs.
- Work productively with external providers to ensure they are fully apprised of the banks applications support needs, expectations and delivery requirements.
- Anticipate, shape and provide education, training, assistance and guidance to stakeholders when needed
Leadership and Teamwork
- Active team member, able and willing to contribute in a number of areas to meet objectives
- Set and maintain high standards of performance for self and others
- Take responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks as required
Maintain professional competencies
- Maintain awareness of current industry trends
- Participate at relevant conferences, industry events, forums and associations
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all Equal Employment Opportunity and Workplace Health &Safety requirements and keeping the workplace safe and hazard free at all times
- Other reasonable duties as required
- Responsible for ensuring the bank is promoted in a positive manner at every opportunity
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Tertiary qualifications in business systems, IT or a related discipline.
• Should have sound knowledge on Windows Server, SQL, IIS etc.
• Should have knowledge on Digital Banking products.
• Should have knowledge in Monitoring, Alerting, Performance Tuning and Automation initiatives.
• Extensive experience providing application support function across multiple vendor systems
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and root cause analysis capabilities
• Previous experience supporting banking systems – Core / Risk / Payments
• Appreciation of ITIL processes and service management
• Good working knowledge of and experience working with third party providers,
• Strong planning, prioritisation and organisational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to articulate technical issues to non-technical audiences
• Ability to cope well under pressure
• Proven research and analytical skills
• Good relationship skills
• Commitment to outstanding client service
• Results focused
• Commitment and demonstration to the banks values and behaviour in all tasks and interactions
• Ability to work outside of business hours when necessary