Responsibilities / Duties:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
The Bank is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
The Asset Services department provides calculation, processing, reconciliation and payment services House, PB, and GWIM businesses. The function requires the capture and processing of Corporate Action and Dividend events where a proprietary/client position or an eligible trade exists. This role is too process corporate action events for APR markets, on behalf of proprietary business, Prime Brokerage (IPB), and Global Wealth Management (GWIM) clients to the agreed service levels
- Processing of Corporate Action events in an accurate, timely and consistent manner, in accordance with departmental procedures and to the agreed service level.
- Management of daily deadlines
- Resolution of any processing issues and liaison with other areas of the bank including Settlements, Trading Desk Support, EMEA Corporate Actions, Reference Data Services, Client service reps etc. The job involves a high degree of telephone and e-mail contact.
- Follow-up on all payables and receivables. Timely recovery of funds claimed by the bank from external counter-parties and monitoring of outstanding balances.
- High client service standards.
- Daily allocation of client money.
- Compliance with all relevant Regulatory and company policy requirements.
- To identify changes to processes and procedures that will improve control, efficiency, reduce risk and/or improve client services. Participation in user acceptance testing programmes
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Reconciliation and analytical skills with an aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong PC skills, particularly Excel
- The ability to multi task.
- Third level qualification or equivalent by experience
- A flexible approach to work
- Strong communication skills
- Some Asset Services specific experience would be most desirable.
- Knowledge of Banking / Financial services industry.
- Knowledge of the Prime Broker business
- Experience in dealing with clients and queries