Responsibilities / Duties:
- To help integrate ESG risk assessment in the regional fixed income teams, analyse companies from an ESG risk perspective and to serve as a conduit between the Asia Fixed Income team and the central ESG team. The individual will assist with performing ESG risk assessments from external data sources as well from direct engagements with issuers. They will also serve as a key connection between the investment team and the central ESG team, ESG analysts and networks. Role will involve conducting analysis of ESG data obtained from 3rd parties on company, portfolio and index levels, participating in engagements and supporting development of additional business opportunities. The role will also support reporting to clients on ESG mandates.
- Work with regional teams to improve our engagement with company management and push for improvements on risk management
- Engage with companies to help / encourage positive change and improvements
- Participate in company engagement trips / conferences where required.
- Assist regional teams in integrating (ESG) risk analysis in understanding their companies
- Promote and communicate ESG ratings and their integration / consideration within the investment rating
- Act as a point of contact for any regional ESG company queries
- Asist in conducting ESG risk assessments on existing and potential investments
- Write up ESG risk assessment reports on regional companies as required
- Liaise with Central ESG team to maintain standard and consistent assessment and screening procedures
- Help put together documents / presentations and, if required, represent ASI externally
- Help respond to questions from clients Engage clients on risk / ESG topics
Requirements / Qualifications:
Relevant Experience required