1) Local Custody (Account management / Asset servicing / Settlement / Clearing)
2) Global Custody (Account management / Asset servicing / Settlement)
3) Cash Management
· Management : staff
o Management of local teams.
o Coaching of second line managers.
o Management of their evolution and mobility locally or internationally in coordination with HR and
Banking Ops management.
o Perform regular evaluation process duly formalized.
o Succession plan to formalize each year (N-1 / N-2).
· Management : BAU
o Ensure service delivery to our clients in the best way: offering quality services at the right level of cost in a secure environment. All these elements being followed regularly by KPI and unit costs in coordination with the central team to comply with Banking Ops standard.
o Lead local Ops Management Committees / Participate to local Comex
· Adapt staff number to the level of activity (up & down) with a minimum level of anticipation.
· Adapt organization in regard to available resources and talents.
· Follow the main principles of organization of BS Ops: segregation of tasks with Cross Services & Control Dept, for example.
· Find the appropriate balance between local and central resources (Hub) in order to deliver services at the best costs for BP2S.
3. Budget / cost management
In charge of building the budget in coordination with local and global management and in regard to the global objectives of BP2S (can be top/down).
· Follow-up of this budget realization. Precise explanation of discrepancies (1 x quarter).
4. Cost management
· Ensure constant decrease of our unit costs in a secure environment.
· Push initiatives to reach this goal.
ex : ACE programme, reengineering with or without IT implications, optimization HUB / local.
· Unit costs follow-up (1 x year) in coordination with global team.
· Operational risks
o Risks management is key for our Metier; head of BSO has to follow our Ops risk in a permanent manner (KPI / BAU follow-up) in order to act in the safest environment.
o Participate in the product approval process, giving green light to start only if all the procedures are in place to minimize risks.
· Credit / counterparty risks
o Ensure all procedures follow Risk Dept requirements, at client level and process level.
6. Coordination Local / Hub
Head of BSO is representing :
o BSO head
o BSO as a whole in his location.
o Location requests in front of central team for subjects such as :
§ Service level (security / costs / etc …).
§ Cost calculation and allocation.
· Through regular meetings and calls with Hub management.
· Active participation to Ops Forum.
Head of BSO is responsible for the oversight of project delivery related to:
· New services.
· New clients
· System implementation.
· Market place and regulatory change.
· Productivity (ACE).
Head of BSO has to manage these different projects in perfect coordination with IT, Product & Coverage, locally and centrally. Implementation delay or slippage in cost will have to be justified.
· Ensure good level of communication with local and central management on BAU business, projects follow-up, incidents and problems (escalations).
· Ensure that his team knows the global organization of BP2S, participate in transversal and cross location works.
· Ensure efficient and accurate reporting on local activity inside and outside Banking Ops.
Adhere to the code of conduct and act accordingly internally or when facing clients or providers.