Responsibilities / Duties:
The incumbent is expected to possess good knowledge of trade finance products, trade finance business cycles and processes in particular handling of cross-border transactions. Some relevant working knowledge of trade finance business conducted in Europe.
This function is in Trade Finance Operations (TFO) in Singapore with the focus to support Asia and Europe offices in their L/C Documents checking function. Key Responsibilities
- Provide L/C Documents checking support service to internal client (Trade Expert and Trade Admin teams) and other bank offices
- Perform 1st or 2nd check (as per assigned check limit) of both Import and Export L/C documents as per ICC rules
- Communicate with clients and bank offices on the check status of L/C documents
- Provide professional advice to clients and bank offices on discrepancy/ies noted on the documents; fulfilling of terms and conditions in the L/C, and mitigating non-compliance documents presentation after shipment
- Co-ordinate and work efficiently with all business partners (bank clients and bank offices)
- Ensure daily tasks are executed as per SLA and Global work instructions and escalate to Team Head/HOD upon identification of deviations or the development of unexpected risk events during the work processes.
- Ensure adherence to bank’s procedures, policy and guidelines at all times.
- Propose areas of improvement in the team for the benefit of the team and bank offices
- Participate in the orientation & training of the new L/C Documents Checkers to the team
- Participate in assigned projects from time to time.
- Review and authorize daily transactions within approved perimeters and bank offices’ agreed turnaround time.
- Provide quality checking and timely service delivery to clients and bank offices.
- Work closely with processing teams in the department as well as other bank offices so as to ensure good progress and proper execution of their transactions.
- Cultivate team spirit and build up confidence in the team and the department in their handling of clients’ and bank offices’ documents checking.
- Require to compare, analyze and review documents discrepancy/ies noted in Back to Back transactions and provide a final judgement in consultation with Trade Expert team, Front Office and Trade Management Office.
- Escalate any anticipated/discovered issue related to source of repayment under Export leg.
- Work closely with Trade Expert for transaction flow from end to end
- Work closely with Trade Admin team (post L/C Document Checking)
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Acceptable tertiary education
- CDCS certified L/C Documents checker
- Experience in handling both Import and Export L/C Documents checking
- Microsoft office applications –MS word, excel, power point etc
- Knowledge of Swift Alliance and any main accounting system
- Knowledge of ICC publications – UCP600, ISP98, URR725, URC522, ISBP.
- Knowledge of local region’s regulatory compliance and anti-money laundering policy
- Possess effective communication skill to work with the teams and bank offices
- Preferably with exposure to outsource/insource operations