Responsibilities / Duties:
The incumbent is expected to possess good knowledge of trade finance products, trade workflows and processes in particular relating to oil, metal and other commodity financing. Good understanding of commodity client’s expectation and requirements will be added value.
This function is in Trade Finance Operations (TFO) with the focus to support Trade and Commodity Finance business that are very active in the structuring of energy, soft and metal deals for major global commodity clients with operations in and outside of Singapore.
- Perform trade processing for an assigned portfolio of clients.
- Process client’s applications promptly and ensure quality delivery
- Ensure processing of client’s application as per approval instructions from Trade Management Office.
- Work closely with and take instructions from fellow colleagues (Trade Execution and L/C Documents Checker) in their handling of client’s trade activities.
- Ensure adherence to companys procedures, policy and guidelines, in particular to Trade Finance Services’ Product control Framework at all times.
- Propose areas of improvement in the team for the benefit of the department
- Participate in assigned projects from time to time.
- Review nostro statements to identify funds relating to trade finance transactions
- Review unidentified funds
- Provide quality processing and timely service delivery to clients.
- Verification of clients’ signatures on all applications and Financial Institution wherever necessary
- Work closely with Transaction Management team (TMO) so as to ensure proper execution of client applications.
- Monitor all incoming swift messages and take the necessary timely actions.
- Arrange for clients’ funding with Treasury (especially for value above USD50m) including cost of funding or break fund cost
- Perform pre-transaction compliance screening including CDD/RMA/FATCA etc
- Report to Treasury all incoming and outgoing foreign currencies (non-USD currency)
- Cultivate team spirit – sharing fellow colleagues’ unforeseen heavy workload
- Coaching and training of the new team member to be proficient and familiarize with the processing systems; assists to new joiners to build up confidence in their processing of client’s transactions.
- Provide cover for fellow team members during their absence
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Acceptable tertiary education
- Microsoft office applications –MS word, excel, power point, access, visio etc
- Knowledge of Swift Alliance and any main accounting system
- Knowledge of ICC publications – UCP600, ISP98, URR725, URC522, ISBP.
- Knowledge of local region’s regulatory compliance and anti-money laundering policy
- Possess effective communication skill to work with the team, department, clients and Front Office.