Responsibilities / Duties:
This role exists within the Service Operations area of Solutions Support
This specific role is to provide Investment Platform support in Singapore predominantly for users of core investment applications within APAC such as:
• Charles River
• Autex (FIX Hub)
• FIX connectivity
Providing support to Front Office users in the following departments:
• Global Equity Fund Managers
• Central Dealing Desk
• Fixed Income Fund Managers
• Multi-Asset Investing (MAI)
• Money Market and FX
The Investment Platform Specialist is a key member of the Investment Platform Services team within Service Operations.
The role will report to the Service Delivery Manager heading up Investment Platform Services in Edinburgh but will demand a large amount of autonomy and motivation to deliver a high level of service and added value to the Investment process.
The Role Holder will work in a challenging environment with direct access to Investment professionals. Success in the role will be driven by the individual’s motivations to develop their business knowledge, analytical talents and technical skills.
The core investment platform underpins ASI’s strategy and goals. This platform is continuously updated, with new capabilities brought into play to cope with growth and the expansion of ASI’s investment capabilities.
The Investment Platform Services team are responsible for delivering, supporting and developing the Front Office platform to our investment professionals, including the Fund Managers and Central Dealing team.
Whilst the majority of the Front Office are based in Edinburgh, support is also provided to ASI’s hubs across the globe including here in Singapore.
The Role Holder will be required to face off directly to stakeholders in the Front Office. The ability to build strong relationships is key to the success and credibility of the Investment Platform Services team. The role will be on standard ASI’s T’s & C’s and may require extended hours from time to time.
- Excellent front line support for the majority of the critical order management systems used by our investment teams.
- Identification, logging and resolution of defects
- Working with end users to identify improvements to workflows and how we extract as much value as possible from our systems.
- Working closely with other team members to provide full global service and share best practices.
- Work with vendors to ensure requirements of our clients are being met.
- Working with internal clients to establish their short/long term platform requirements and then delivery on these, through business as usual tasks and project work.
- Providing end user training on the suite of applications supported, supplemented with vendor training course where applicable.
- Performing some regular tasks around these systems which are key to business processes.
- Designing and documenting processes and procedures for both BAU investment activities and support.
- Involvement in projects and platform enhancement initiatives, sometimes managing these pieces of work.
- Develop awareness of the industry and an understanding of common problems, issues and solutions.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Desire to learn the end to end investment process.
• An understanding of the change lifecycle
• Be a confident communicator and possess strong influencing skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• An understanding of software applications, data and processes.
• SQL skills
• Experience in an Investment Management environment.
• Understanding of the following system – Charles River Investment Management Systems
• Have robust Excel skills
• Charles River Basic Training
• ITIL v3 Foundation
• ITIL Service Operations
• Degree Level Education