|Corporate Title: Flexible||Salary Range: Generous Package|
|Location: Singapore||Date Open: 9/24/2018|
Date added: 24 September 2018
Job Ref No: 91150CFK1
What We Do
Our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Our Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Enabling Our’ research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and
accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they
choose. GIR Technologists leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to
help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy.
GIR Technologists enable Our research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they choose. We leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy. As a data platform engineer, you will be responsible for being part of a team building a green field distribution platform for the firm's clients to access Research data. Breaking new ground for the Bank, our new data platform will provide clients with access to over 3bn data points through streaming data services, state-of-the-art database technologies and web-scale, industry-standard APIs.
You will be working in a growing, global team based in Singapore, London and New York engaged in all stages of software development from requirements gathering through to development and deployment. We run an Agile (Scrum+Kanban) team with iterative feedback loops with our clients and continual improvement of the team's processes. We are looking for talented engineers who have an insatiable appetite for learning, passionate about building commercial solutions innovatively and developing highly effective teams.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design and develop end-to-end software solutions including data modelling, application and service development leveraging multiple technologies
• Collaborate with Technology and business counterparts as part of a global team
• Engage with other Technology teams in providing integration solutions
• Proactively identify efficiency and design improvements to existing systems and processes
• Advance the team's technical abilities and be a role model for junior team members
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 7+ years of Java development
• Passionate about technology
• Team-oriented with strong communication and collaborative skills
• Experience with SOA & RESTful services
• Experience with web and service frameworks, such as Spring
• Agile methodologies
• Experience with NoSQL databases and caching technologies, such as MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch
• Experience with AWS cloud, Container
• Experience with event driven data pipes, such as Kafka
• Experience working in a global team