Responsibilities / Duties:
Corporate Deposit and Liquidity (“CDL”) is a dynamic and high-profile Business Line within Corporate and Institutional Banking, reporting directly to the CEO of APAC.
The team is responsible for the self-funding of the Corporate Bank. This objective is achieved through deposits initiatives and strategies for corporate client segments, aiming at raising ambitious levels of deposits, at an acceptable overall cost and with an adequate level of granularity and stickiness, in all markets and currencies in which we operate. The team also contributes actively to the deepening and widening of our corporate clients portfolio.
To achieve the objectives above, CDL APAC works in close coordination with all Heads of Countries, Coverage teams, and Business Lines’ Sales teams, raising deposits from corporate clients and marketing the Bank’s corporate liquidity product offering. CDL is also an important stakeholder for regional and local ALCOs, and works closely with the ALM Treasury department.
The BD&FM Analyst will work closely with internal (Liquidity Advisors and Product Managers) and external stakeholders (Coverage teams, Cash Management and Global Markets, ITO, Finance etc.) and will prepare data analysis, presentations and proposals for the forums related to deposits steering and liquidity management topics including Deposit Client Committees, Liquidity Committees and ALCOs.
The role covers
- Work together with Liquidity Advisors to help Cash Management and Global Markets, Coverage and Client Management to achieve deposit targets
- Contribute to leading existing initiatives in a consistent manner
- Work together with Liquidity Advisors to help Cash Management and Global Markets, Coverage and Client Management to ensure collection, analysis and presentation of market intelligence
- Improve the quantity, quality and accuracy of data gathered as well as the quality of the analysis and sharing
- Contribute to the definition of pricing strategy
- Train Liquidity Advisors on pricing and P&L related topics
- Liaise with Finance regarding accounting treatment of incentives, LCR eligibility and Business Management matters
- Maintain and improve databases, processes and reports for CDL and for the overall deposit gathering process
- Analyse, report and monitor Corporate Deposits performance
- Monitor market parameters influencing deposits price and P&L
- Contribute to the implementation of Operational & Behavioural Deposits Project in APAC
Requirements / Qualifications:
Steady and resilient analyst with an eye for detail
- Comfortable with numbers
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point)
- Programming knowledge such as excel VBA is preferred
- Prior work experience in business intelligence analytic tool (i.e. Tableau) would be an advantage
Specific Qualifications Required
- Strong academic record at bachelor (or master degree) level in business, economics, finance, or related field from a well-recognized institution
- 1 – 3 years in the banking or financial services industry
- Keen learner profile with an interest in the corporate banking business
- Proven strategic and analytical skills with a strong appetite for finding facts and offering solutions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, strong cross-cultural and conduct awareness