Responsibilities / Duties:
The Client Service Manager is responsible for ensuring overall satisfaction of the assigned client (or clients) across the full scope of services received from the Bank's Securities Services in the location and as part of the team covering all locations involved in servicing the client(s).
The Client Service Manager transversally pilots the client experience across the entire organisation by understanding the client’s business and service expectations and translating this into service delivery requirements for all of the teams responsible for service delivery.
The Client Service Manager ensures that all the client’s touch-points across the bank are optimized by ensuring each person responsible for each touch-point understands the big picture of the client and his/her role in impacting the client’s experience.
Under the guidance of the Client Service Manager, everyone involved directly or indirectly with the client should feel empowered to take the actions required to ensure the best possible client experience.
The Client Service Manager also manages service reviews with the client to ensure the ongoing satisfaction with the service delivery and identifies and oversees the actions that should be taken either within the client or within the bank to ensure continuous improvement and ever greater satisfaction.
The Client Service Manager should be seen as a “champion” of client focus and the optimal client experience.
The role has full accountability for the following:
- Understand the client’s strategy and requirements
- Services to deliver on the client needs
- Create a strong understanding of the client needs throughout operations and across the business
- Manage the operational contact between client and the operational areas by ensuring a full understanding of the client’s needs and expectations across the organization and providing clarity for the actions required to service the client
- Identify and produce appropriate key management information / business metrics (based on the global standards) to communicate and facilitate the client relationship
- Ensure formal regular performance reviews are conducted with clients (frequency according to strategic priorities and client needs)
- Document, coordinate and oversee resolution of problems or issues affecting the quality of service delivery and the overall client experience
- Identify and coordinate service delivery modifications in response to changes in the client activities by raising change requests within the existing service scope
- Ensure proper coordination of relationships with third parties related to the client activity, including third party asset managers, auditors and external middle office service providers
- Host client service governance meetings
- Manage client reviews and due diligence visits for existing clients
- May perform RM responsibilities (eg AML/KYC, agreements, credit lines) where no RM has been assigned.
- Engage the Operations teams in the pursuit of service quality delivery and improvement
- Ensure an aligned service delivery and communication approach to clients across internal teams (Client Delivery, Client Lines (CCS, AFS, MFS, CTS)
- Lead discussions locally and with global stakeholders to facilitate the resolution of escalated operational issues across the organization by establishing and overseeing a formal service governance framework
- Monitor the performance of the service delivery against the operating procedures and service levels agreed with the client
- Use issue logs, query management tool for review both internally and with the client
- Manage process for formal complaints
- Maintain action plans and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and ensure they are fit for purpose and up to date
- Manage the client contact for the on-boarding and account opening processes and coordinate activities with the business implementation teams. Ensure complete client documentation for client’s AML/KYC process
- Ensure consistent messages are delivered to the client around business recovery incidents in accordance to issued guidelines
- Refer new business development opportunities to the Relationship Manager (or cover the role of the relationship manager if no one is assigned to the client)
- Contribute to product/service development initiatives
- Contribute to client strategy meetings with relationship managers
- Contribute to the development of the bank's brand and market reputation
Requirements / Qualifications:
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral):
- Extensive experience in a role with a strong client management focus
- Proven track record of working within a client servicing environment
- Proven track record of working within a financial services operations environment
- Industry experience or professional qualifications relating to the financial markets, asset management or securities services
- Competent strategic thinker with the ability to create and implement solutions
- Ability to foster and maintain strong interpersonal internal and external relationships
- Proven behaviours for effective teamwork, positive mindset
- Demonstration of innovative/creative thinking, problem-solving and taking initiative
- Effective written and oral communication
- Adaptability to changing environments
- Proven track record of results and quality orientation
- Demonstrated behaviours of being organised, structured and paying attention to detail
Specific Qualifications Required: