Responsibilities / Duties:
1. The Japan Offshore trades processing team provides multi product support for global institutional clients trading Japan equity products. In a fast paced environment, this role requires candidates to interact closely with front office, client services and internal operations teams.
2. Japan cash equity settlements/JGB settlements team is responsible for performing settlement duties for the Japanese market for equity stock, convertible bonds, Japanese Government Bonds as well as corporate bonds. Our key objectives are to ensure that all Japanese market cash equity product settlements and JGB settlements are completed accurately and on time as well as that our service delivery to clients are efficient, effective, and reliable.
• Equity and CB settlement control
• JGB settlement control
• Settlement instructions data feed
• Check unfed transactions
• Standing instructions set up and correction of the instructions
• Funding for the account
• Reporting, generation of settled/failed/commitment report
• Reconciliation of position and cash balance
• Inquire settlement queries to related departments/branch offices
• Liaison with Client Services of Tokyo, HK, London and New York
• Daily/Monthly reporting re: trade volume, fail rate, project status and etc.
• Corresponding and liaison with custodian on various issues throughout the settlement process, including details of payment, instructions on value date, settlement instructions etc.
• Provide operational support for Cash Equities across PT, DMA, DSA and High Touch businesses.
• Supporting trade allocations and confirmations for institutional clients trading in the Japan market
• Ensuring transactions are booked in a timely manner and are reconciled accurately.
• Investigating and resolving all trade exceptions and managing client and trading desk queries within the agreed SLAs.
• Reporting and escalating issues appropriately and promptly.
• Adhering to control procedures, identifying gaps and ensuring controls are implemented to close those gaps.
• Scrutinizing processes to identify issues within the flows and then working with senior management to drive through change and process enhancements.
• Building and maintaining relationships with clients, the Front Office and supporting teams.
• Involvement in ad-hoc projects and liaising with both internal and external counterparts in different regions.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Understanding of front to back flow between trading desk and operations is preferred.
• Knowledge in cash equity products/fixed income products is preferred.
• Candidates must be analytical in nature, creative, show initiative and have a mature approach to business.
• Outstanding communication skills as well as well developed interpersonal skills are essential since this role involves a lot of internal and external liaison.
• Degree in Finance is preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications is essential.
• Business level spoken and written English language
• Fluency in written and spoken Japanese is ideal.